Thakurgaon District Information
Thakurgaon subdivision was established in 1860 and was turned into a district in 1984. The district consists of 2 municipalities, 18 wards, 32 mahallas, 5 upazilas, 51 union parishads, 643 mouzas and 643 villages.
Area: 1809.52 square kilometers
Bounded by: Panchagarh district on the north, west bengal of India on the west and south, Panchagarh and Dinajpur districts on the east
Archeology: Residence of Raja Tonkanath (Malduar), Rajbari of Raja Jagendra Narayan, Rajbari of Raja Ganesh, Jagadal Rajbari, Bangla Garh, Sangaon Shahi Mosque, Fatehpur Mosque, Jamalpur Mosque, tomb of Syed Nasir Uddin, tomb of Pir Sheikh Sirajuddin, tomb of Hazrat Adam (R), Govinda Jeo Mandir (eighteenth century), Shiva Mandir at Haripur Rajbari, Goraksanath Mandir, Katihar Hat Shyamrai Mandir, Ramrai Dighi, Khunia Dighi, Adhar Dighi, Shapla Dighi and Rani Dighi.
source - banglapedia