Nawabganj District Information
Until 1947, Nawabganj was a thana under the district of Maldah (India). At the time of partition, it was upgraded to a Subdivision under Rajshahi district and again upgraded to a district in 1984. The district consists of 3 municipalities, 33 wards, 134 mahallas, 5 upazilas, 45 union parishads, 830 mouzas and 1136 villages.
Area: 1744.33 square kilometers
Bounded by: West Bengal of India on the north, south and west, Rajshahi and Naogaon districts on the east
History: (peasants' movement) organised by ila mitra in 1949.
Archeology: Chota Sona Mosque (1493-1519), Darashbari Mosque (1479), Rajbari (palace), Baragharia Kacharibari (revenue office), Chapai Mosque, Naoda Stupa (Buddhist monument), Jora Math (twin monastery), Nachole Palace, etc.
source - banglapedia