Natore District Information
Natore subdivision was established in 1845 under Rajshahi district and it was turned into a district in 1984. It consists of 6 upazilas, 4 municipalities, 36 wards, 93 mahallas, 52 unions, 1272 mouzas and 1377 villages.
Area: 1896.05 square kilometers
Bounded by: Naogaon and Bogra districts on the north, Pabna and Kushtia districts on the south, Pabna and Sirajganj districts on the east, Rajshahi district on the west
History: Indigo resistance movements were held in this district during 1859 to 1860. During the War of Liberation in 1971 a direct battle was fought between the Pak army and the freedom fighters on 29 March in which about 40 members of the Pak army including Major Aslam and Capt Ishaq were killed.
Archeology: Natore Rajbari and Dighapatia Rajbari (Uttara Ganabhaban), Dayarampur Rajbari (Bagatipara) and Budpara Kali Mandir (Lalpur).
source - banglapedia