Narsingdi District Information
Narsingdi district was a subdivision under greater Dhaka district and was turned into a district in 1984. The district consists of 6 upazilas, 3 municipalities, 27 wards, 55 mahallas, 69 union parishads, 652 mouzas, 1060 villages.
Area: 1140.76 square kilometers
Bounded by: Kishoreganj district on the north, Narayanganj and Brahmanbaria districts on the south, Brahmanbaria and Kishoreganj districts on the east, Gazipur district on the west
History: During the mass upsurge in 1969 three persons were killed and many wounded on 29 December when police fired indiscriminately on procession at Hatirdia Bazar (Monohardi).
Archeology: Silver coin discovered at Wari Batteshwar village (c third century AD), imitated gold coin (c. eighth century AD) discovered at village Wari, stone image (Sena period) found at Narsingdi town, silver coin of Gias Uddin Azam Shah at Algi village, silver coin (Sultani period) at Panchdona, three domed mosque (1524) at Ashrafpur, single domed mosque (eighteenth century) and tomb of Shah Monsur at Kumardi, two copper plate inscriptions (seventeenth century) found at village Ashraffpur, Bibi Joynab Mosque (1719), Parulia Mosque (1716), Raghunath Mandir (c seventeenth century).
source - banglapedia