Lalmonirhat District Information
Lalmonirhat district was established in 1984. It consists of 5 upazilas, 2 municipalities, 18 wards, 85 mahallas, 41 union parishads, 425 mouzas, 484 villages and 33 enclaves.
Area: 1241.46 square kilometers
Bounded by: Kuchbihar and Jalpaiguri districts of West Bengal (India) on the north, Rangpur district on the south, Kurigram district and Kuchbihar district of West Bengal on the east, Nilphamari and Rangpur districts on the west
History: During the war of liberation the headquarters of Sector 6 was located at Burimari of Lalmonirhat district. Lalmonirhat was liberated on 6 December 1971.
Archeology: Subadar Monsur Khan Mosque (known as Nidaria Mosque), Sindhumati dighi, Hussain Sarabor (dry pond), Harano (lost) Mosque (8th century AH), Dharla Bridge at Mughalhat, Tusharbandhar Zamindar Bari, Ijaradar Mosque, Kakina Rajbari, Kabi Bari (house and collections of poet Sheikh Fazlul Karim), the tomb of Hazrat Shah Sufi Muhammad Fazlur Rahman (known as Blind Hafez).
source - banglapedia