Chandpur District Information
Chandpur sub-division was established in 1878 and was included in Tripura district. It was turned into a district in 1984. The district consists of 6 municipalities, 60 wards, 195 mahallas, 7 upazilas, 1 thana, 87 union parishads and 1226 villages. The municipalities are Chandpur Sadar, Shahrasti, Matlab, Chengerchar, Hajiganj and Kachua and the upazilas are chandpur sadar, hajiganj, kachua, faridganj, matlab, haimchar and shahrasti.
Area: 1704.06 square kilometers
Bounded by: Munshiganj and Comilla districts on the north, Noakhali, Lakshmipur and Barisal districts on the south, Comilla district on the east, meghna river, Shariatpur and Munshiganj districts on the west
Archeology: Rasti Shah Dargah, Begum Mosque, Hajiganj Bara Mosque, Suja Mosque, Alamgiri Mosque, Mada Khan Mosque, Kalimandir at Matlab, Math at Lohagara, Math at Naorai, Math at Tultuli (Kachua), Raths at Sachar and Matlab, Pata of Behula at Ujani, ramnants of the fort at Nasir Court, Kali Bari at Meher, Neelkuthi at Shahebganj, Baraduara at Kasimbazar, Kalibari Mandir (1878) at Chandpur Sadar.
source - banglapedia