Barguna District Information
Barguna thana was established at the end of the eighteenth century. It was elevated to a sub-division in 1969 and the sub-division was turned into a district in 1984. The district consists of 5 upazilas, 38 union parishads, 238 mouzas, 560 villages, 4 municipalities, 44 wards and 49 mahallas.
Area: 1831.31 square kilometers
Bounded by: on the north by Jhalokati, Barisal, Pirojpur and Patuakhali districts, on the east by Patuakhali district, on the south by Patuakhali, the bay of bengal, on the west by Pirojpur and Bagerhat districts
Archeology: Bibichini Mosque at Betagi and the Buddhist temple and Buddhist Academy at Taltali.
source - banglapedia